Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a new discipline (fire Pro) to project browser

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ddemmin
2322 Views, 9 Replies

adding a new discipline (fire Pro) to project browser

I want to create a seperate fire protection disciplinem, but don't know how to create on. If anyone has any ideas that would be great thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
aacorley
in reply to: ddemmin

What is the intent? i.e. Fire alarms? Piping for sprinkler system?
Message 3 of 10
ddemmin

piping for sprinkler system.
Message 4 of 10
lroeber

Copy one of your hvac or plumbing views (floor plan). rename the view to be whatever you want it to be, then right and go to properties. then under graphics make sure the discipline is set to mechanical. and the sub-discipline is Fire Protection, this will be the new catagory you want. Hopefully this helps. any more questions please let me know.

thanks!
Message 5 of 10
ddemmin

THANKS FOR THE REPLY BUT IN THE SUB DISCIPLINE THERE IS NO FIRE PROTECTION OPTION. HOW CAN I GET THAT IN SUB DISCIPLINE, SO I CAN CHOOSE IT?
THANKS,
Message 6 of 10
lroeber

you can change that to whatever you want that to be. you can type anyhting you want in that space.
Message 7 of 10
sec-k

Just type it in.
Message 8 of 10
margaretwiggins

Just type it in.
Message 9 of 10

I can't write anything because subcatagory text is freez.

Message 10 of 10
SteveKStafford

If you can't type another value in the Sub Discipline parameter then the view may be assigned to a View Template that has already assigned its value. You'll need to remove the view template assignment from the View Properties (Properties Palette) first.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report