Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a serious problem with ducting in Revit MEP 2014

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Saeed-atec
5181 Views, 9 Replies

a serious problem with ducting in Revit MEP 2014

Dear sir/madam,

I am writing to report a problem I came across with in Revit MEP 2014 ( trial version) and see if you have already found a solution and can help me out.

When working on ducting, if, for example, there is the main duct and you get a flex connection (picture 1), a disconnection occurs when sizing the system (picture 2). This unprecedented error just comes with this version of the application and according to my own experience and a few others, there is no such complication with earlier versions.

I would be grateful if you could guide me and let me know if there is a solution to the problem.

Kind regards,

Saeed Shayamehr

ATEC Consultants

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Saeed-atec

Hello,Saeed! Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

You you be able to attach a small sample Project file? Basically just re-create the issue, use Purge Unused, and manually delete the unnecessary Duct and Pipe Fitting and Accessory families from the Project (Purge Unused may not remove them). This should get the file to a small enough size to post here.

- Corey

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
Saeed-atec
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Dear Corey,

Attached please find the sample I have made for you. I have also left some
notes in order to clarify the problem. If you open the file, disconnection
in take-off is crystal clear. The point is if you intend to resize, such
disconnction occurs. Even if you try resizing the flex-duct next to it,
again you will experience such a problem.
Please have a glance at it and let me know about the result.

Many thanks,

Saeed
Message 4 of 10
CoreyDaun

Hi Saeed,

There is no attachment. Try attaching it again and if give you any trouble, send me a Private Message and I'll give you my email address.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
simongibbs5106
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi,

I know this post is a little old, but I have just discovered the same issue.  Running Revit MEP 2014 using any flex duct branch family, resizing the square ductwork causes the duct branch to disappear and disconnect.

Web Update 2 is installed.

Are there any updates on this issue?

regards

Simon

Message 6 of 10
aaquino532

Please help! I am having issue with Revit MEP 2014, when changing the size of my duct, the connection between my main duct and flex duct disappear cause system disconnect. Please give directions on to resolve this issue in REVIT MEP 2014.

Thanks in advance!

Message 7 of 10
craigjonnson
in reply to: aaquino532

Same problem here too. I would create a duct run off the main duct. delete the run leaving the pop (Shoe) from here add flex to air terminal. If i resize the duct width, the pops are erased causing the flexes to disconnect from system.

RVT14 SP1

Message 8 of 10
jigar.wsp
in reply to: craigjonnson

Hey Craigjohnson,

Can you please install RVT2014-SP2 and let see ?

Someone told me that it has been resloved if we install SP2. I already installed but still it doesn't work

Message 9 of 10
simongibbs5106
in reply to: jigar.wsp

Hi guys,

I logged an Autodesk support case on this issue.  They have responded by saying that they can reproduce the problem and it has been passed to the development team. 

Basically I read that as: Bug recognised, might try to fix it in the next web update. 

regards

S

Message 10 of 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report