Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple of Plumbing Issues.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tlofton
330 Views, 2 Replies

A couple of Plumbing Issues.

-Is there a way to get the plumbing plan view annotations for pipe sizes and/or plumbing fixture tags to show up in the 3D view? I’m looking to make plumbing riser (isometric) drawings and if I change a pipe size I would like it to show up and update automatically in the iso (3D) view. AutoCAD MEP will do this.
Is this possible to do in Revit?

-I’m trying to get the plumbing fixture units to propagate through the piping so I can tag them. When I select the pipe connected to the sink then select “element properties” the fixture units show up in the pipe. The fixture units will also show up in the pipe down stream the first 90 deg. elbow, however if a tee or reducing tee is installed the fixture units will no longer show up on the pipe.
Is there a way to get the fixture units to show up down stream of the tee’s?
Thank you in advance for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fishandchips47
in reply to: tlofton

I am going to go out on a limb here and say you are SOL on the first wish - the tutorial for annotation shows the user placing plain old text with leader where the text is derived from your knowledge, not querying or reading model data.
I am going to have to leave the second question for someone else.
Message 3 of 3
asommer
in reply to: tlofton

Make sure that your "Main" run of pipe is not open at both ends. The Fixture Unit direction goes from each fixture to the "open end" of the run (The Building Supply or the Building Waste out), adding together at Tees and Wyes. If the run of pipe is open at more than one end, It doesn't know which way (direction) to sum up all of the Units. Otherwise, something's wrong with your Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report