Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 sided transitions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mpalan2009
407 Views, 2 Replies

8 sided transitions

I am new to Revit, so if this has been tackeled before I appologize.  Is there a way to have a duct transition setup to do an 8 sided transition?  For example I have a duct square duct traveling along othagonally and then it needs to rotate 45 degrees in line.  ??

This would work like a square to round transition, except I want to go from square to rotated square. The second square could be rotated at almost any angle.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matthew

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mpalan2009

What you are describing is technically possible, I believe, presuming the image below depicts what you need. This can be done with angled parametric constraints and a Sweep Extrusion to model the transition. However, Revit does not seem to like Duct to be rotated in this position - after I jury-rigged this Family, Revit fought me every step of the way to "correct" the duct or the fitting so it wasn't rotated. Can you elaborate or tell us why you are running Duct like that?

SkewedDuctTransition.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
mpalan2009
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I work in the Grain processing industry.  We are planning on using ductwork for the spouting.  We would run ducts from a leg across a roof to the silo. the duct work will also run at some odd angles in elevation as well as across the plan.  99% of the time the 8 sided transitions happen vertically.  I am in Revit training this week.  I'll post an image of this when I get back to the office.

That image looks great.

Thank you

Matthew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report