Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Schedule ISSUE - Very Problematic

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bcaudill
337 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Schedule ISSUE - Very Problematic

All -

I'm developing our 2014 schedules and found a major glitch with the formatting. Hopefully someone knows of the fix.

In recent version (I tested to confirm), you could stretch out the database schedule and it would not effect the actual schedule on the sheet. This is done so that the column names can be stretched out to view the entire name for input. Then of course, you can change the formatting to vertical on the sheet schedule to get a better look and feel.

In 2014, they both work in unison. If you stretch the data base schedule fields, it stretches the one on the sheet. This of course is causing MAJOR formatting issues. In order to be able to read the fields fully in the data base schedule, my sheet ones are enormous.

Is there a fix? Is this a know issue? As mentioned, this did not happen in previous Revit platforms.

Thanks,

~BMC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bcaudill

I haven't really used Schedules in 2014 yet, but I've heard that there were both gains and losses regarding Schedules. I tested this and it does behave like that for me as well, and I am also not liking the looks of this. (Also, it's probably best to ensure you up to date with the latest service packs)

The work-around that I immediately see here is to duplicate the Schedule and name one "GRAPHICS" and instruct everyone not to touch that one, as it will be dedicated to the Sheet's Schedule Graphics. You can resize the columns in the original schedule as you see fit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
bcaudill
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Even though your workaround is clunky and less than Ideal, I tried it. BOTH schedules flexed when I manipulated either one.

Did you do something else to make them work independently?

I'm hoping ADESK see's this one and send out a patch soon. This will create big issues.

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bcaudill

Really? I just went back and tested again - I created a schedule, placed it on the Sheet, duplicated the Schedule (nothing special), and resized the columns in the duplicate. They are operating independently of each other. So, if you stretch a column in one Schedule View, does it stretch in the other Schedule View? If you are looking at the Schedule Graphics on a Sheet View, maybe the same Schedule was placed twice?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
bcaudill
in reply to: CoreyDaun

You're right. That's exactly what I must have done.

Well it's a workaround for a problem that never existed before.

Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report