Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 - Valves (pipe accessoy) do not honor Type Name filter setting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
554 Views, 4 Replies

2010 - Valves (pipe accessoy) do not honor Type Name filter setting

Revit 2010 - Having an issue with getting valves (or any pipe accessory) to honor the filter rule for Type Name.  Insertion of a valve onto a cold water pipe for example breaks the pipe, recognizes size changes (adding reducers, etc), but when that pipe system is turned off, the pipe accessories remain visible.

What are we missing to get pipe accessories to turn off?

Thanks, Richard

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

If the filter is set up for "TYPE NAME", the valve would have to have the same "TYPE NAME" as the pipe and elbows.  The filter does not care about what "System" the valve is connected to unless the filter is set up for "SYSTEM TYPE" or "SYSTEM NAME".  Good Luck!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: asommer

Thanks for the reply.. 

The part that confuses me is what to do with valves.  I can not change System Type or System Name through Element Properties.  For example, I have a ball valve with multiple sizes.  What can I change (or set) to make these valves react to the domestic water system so that when I try and isolate the domestic water system, all of pipe, fittings and accessories (valves) disappear when I need them to.  I can't be doing something new.. or am I?

Message 4 of 5
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you have added "Pipe Accessories" to the Categories selection under the filter.  If you are filtering by system, all that is connected to that system should take on the system properties.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: asommer

Going under VG, Filters, Edit/New (lower part of left screen), selecting my hot water piping that the valves should be associated with, Categories include "Flex Pipes, Pipe Accessories, Pipe Fittings and Pipes" and are all checked.  Still, the valves show up.  So confusing!

I just got off the phone with my Revit support and they indicated that "Type Name" doesn't really work with valves since the Type Name is a size.  We would need to create another filter and filter the accessories that way.  In any event, we had created Worksets to break up our systems and duh.. I just need to turn off the domestic water workset and everything that I wanted turned off did what it was supposed to do!

Appreciate your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report