Did you mean: 

Wall Mounted Fixture That Works

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevinlutz1565
281 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Mounted Fixture That Works

Autodesk needs to create a face based lighting fixture
so that they can be placed on a wall in a linked file.
It is essential that Autodesk address the fact that you can't use wall based content on a linked file!
What good is MEP to an electrical designer if you can't attach a light fixture to a wall?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jarom05
in reply to: kevinlutz1565

I totally agree with this. Maybe they could make it so that you could create light sources on a face based template. What about Recessed downlights? How do you create an opening in a linked ceiling?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I agree. I create a bunch of wall and roof based families just to find out they do NOT work with LINKED models. Seems crazy to me.
Message 4 of 4
ptbreisch

i have spent more hours than my office has fingers and toes creating all of this content this posting talks about. i get it to work on one project then i have to "tweak" it again for another project. seems like a moving target. a pocket full of aggrevations. anyway, i was told over and over by my architects that this will make life better, easier, blah-blah-blah......well, when they work properly, content makes life kind of fun. building it sucks big time. thats okay, we have exceeded our budgets two fold on all 4 revit projects to date. been using for 6 months now and i have a content library as big as the library of congress. the issue is that autodesk will come up with their version some day and the clients will start asking for their "typical" content and all the work i put into this stuff will be as huge was of company time and resources. not to mention all the weekends i wasted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report