Did you mean: 

schedule formatting in MEP?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dsarlo
1496 Views, 5 Replies

schedule formatting in MEP?

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a way to format the schedules in Revit MEP?  Our company has used Excel schedules (in ACAD) for many years...one of the nice things about them is the different formatting that can be used.  Large, bold text in the title, smaller text for information in the schedules, and the ability to add notes at the bottom.  I would very much appreciate any knowledge anyone has on this.  I have attached a PDF of what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Derek

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dsarlo

Here is a quick rundown of what aspects of your schedule's format can and cannot be accurately replicated in Revit:

Schedule Title: The formatting (including font size) is tied to the field header's formatting. They should be separate. FAIL

Header Alignment: You schedule shows the text being top-aligned. You cannot define a vertical justification in Revit. FAIL

Body Text: You can format and align the font and fields just as your schedule does. YES!

Notes/Remarks: This should be available just like it is for Panel Schedules. But alas, it is not. FAIL

Dark Outer Border: Revit can assign a line style to the outer boundary of the schedule. YES!

Internal Grid Lines: Revit can assign only a single line style to inner grid lines, so you cannot have darker horizontal lines. FAIL

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
dsarlo
in reply to: CoreyDaun

hopefully "they'll" get around to this someday..?  I'm glad that the schedules already do what they do, just wish we could take it a few steps further to make them more presentable.

Thnaks!

Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, "they" seem to only improve or change what "they" think needs to be. There are many posts here that request better schedule formatting and notes. This one, "Schedule Notes", goes back to 2008 and it hasn't even been acknowledged!

I hope to be surprised someday...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
mark.silcock

Yes it is very frustrating when you have a bunch of families from different sources and some are have lowercase values, some have uppercase and some a bit of both. Schedules look like crap and you waste time modifying all the families to have the same formatting throughout. This should be possibel at the schedule end, maybe some schedule styles.... hmmm oh yeah sorry cant be like AutoCAD can we it might work then!

Message 6 of 6
casquatch

I thought I'd post this here in hopes "they'll" start paying attention. This seemed like the best place.

I know I've seen a few posts on Vertical Schedules in my travels, so I'm going to add to the requests.

Attached is an almost useable vertical schedule. As you can see Revit will allow you to turn a schedule on your sheet, and even turn the text within the Headings vertical instead of horizontal. But yet again, Revit FAILs to allow a user to customize the useful stuff. Why can't I turn the data vertical? Why can't I rotate the table in such a way that the headings are on the left and the data is on the right (without the text being upside down)?

It's fine that we can't create a vertical scheudle easily, but at least make it possible to make one. It doesn't seem reasonable to have to make a horizontal schedule for 2 items that spans the length of a 36" page. I exaggerate a bit here, but still.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report