Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Wish List

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
278 Views, 0 Replies

Revit MEP Wish List

I have a few recommendations that I have ran into with a lot of clients. I think that they will make Revit MEP a lot more efficient and useful. Fill free to post any comments or questions regarding the list. You can even point out which you think are the best. So Autodesk can see the need for them. Otherwise great job with the product so far Kyle and team. It is really turning into very exiting product.

Revit MEP Wish List

General
1. THE BIGGEST ONE – Allow the user to apply only certain settings from a view template. I would have a check box in front of all the settings in a filter so you can select the ones you want to be applied to that view.
2. Allow the user to preset in Visibility Graphics>Revit Links all the settings in the template.
3. Ceiling height parameter in room properties.
4. Select all instances from the current view only.
5. It is really confusing for a lot of people when you have selected more then one instance, and you look at the properties at a particular parameter that has different values for each of them. It is showing blank field. This is also the case when it is really a blank field with no information. It would be nice if it says something like in AutoCAD “Various”. I hate to say it but it seems to be intuitive in AutoCAD.
6. To be able to specify the shade factor of the glass.
7. It would be nice if shading surfaces are considered when running the analysis. This way we can play with design and see if it is worth adding shades to the building. If I create a big floor slab a front of the building which should be considered as a shading surface Revit MEP doesn’t take it in consideration when run the analysis.

HVAC
1. Revit MEP slows down significantly with the progress of the project. As element is added, the Revit recalculates the entire system flow. We need an option to turn these calculations off when we don’t need them and on when we need them.
2. Rise and Drop Symbol – to show the duct filled when it intersects a floor or ceiling, or show an X when it does not cross it.
3. Tool tip – When you hover over an object (diffuser), Revit should tell you what the elevation is of that object; now it shows you the Family name and type. When you hover over a duct (or select it) be able to see the top and bottom elevations.
4. Ducts – When you start the duct command and connect it to a connector it doesn’t pick up the shape of the connector. It remembers the last duct shape I was using, which could be rectangular (round) duct. In this case it is trying to place a transition when I just need to continue with the shape of the connector.
5. To have a way to high light the ends of the ducts when they don’t have an endcap. Very important if you are going to use the sizing tool.
6. Drawing ducts in elevations and sections
7. After performing the energy analysis to be able to see the heating loss per wall in the room properties.

Piping/Plumbing
1. When you have pipes that are not visible you shouldn’t be able to connect to them if you intersect them. Especially problematic in the beginning of the design when the engineers don’t know exact elevation yet. Everyone starts to draw 9’ or 10’ and of course they have the other systems off but they still connect to them.

Electrical

1. Powering equipment through linked files. Currently; in order to work on a big project you have to split all the disciplines to be separate files. When you do this you are loosing a huge benefit of BIM everything being coordinated. In this case when the mechanical engineer changes mechanical equipment the electrical data is changing as well. In this case the electrical systems should get affected too.
2. More demand factor types. Even better – allow the user to create their own.
3. To have an option to turn off the arrows on the home run.
4. We need more then one command Device. We need Exit Lights, Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Receptacles, Mechanical devices, etc.
5. The option to print data panel schedule

Paul Hristov
Applications Engineer
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report