Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP routing grips to replicate AutoCAD MEP

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mark.silcock
360 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP routing grips to replicate AutoCAD MEP

I cant stand the current workflow for drawing duct or pipe in Revit MEP. The grip at the end of each length of duct or pipe is extremely unhelpful. Majority of the time right clicking doesnt give you the option to Draw more of the MEP item. I am not much of a shortcut user so am handicapped there. The other thing that is frustrating is by default the inherit size and inherit elevation buttons are unselected meaning you have to click them everytime you draw on the end of an existing run if you want to draw without it being at a different elevation ETC. The automatically connect can be switched on or off but the other two options are always off.

I would like the Revit Developers to copy AutoCAD MEP in this area. The grips are much more user friendly and speed up drafting. Also the + in the middle of the piece of duct/pipe/tray is great for drawing takeoffs. The software is clever enought to realises when you snap to the end of a run majority of the time means you want it to be at that height/size/system etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thombrady
in reply to: mark.silcock

To inherit size & elevation use the space bar. Works like a charm.

Message 3 of 3
tkendrick
in reply to: mark.silcock

I already wrote a similar post about this. I agree 100%. Conduit needs a lot of help, make it like AutoCAD MEP conduit, and it will be much better.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report