cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
CrazedEngineer
1662 Views, 6 Replies

Revision Clouds

Please add drawing shapes to revisions clouds, and be able to set the radius of the the bubbles. The Click Click Click Method had to go!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asommer
in reply to: CrazedEngineer

I Second that. I'm surprised that option hadn't been included yet. Also, the ability to go in an Ortho direction similar to drawing lines. We like our clouds to be rectangular in overall shape whenever possible.
Message 3 of 7
geisert
in reply to: asommer

Yeah, I second this motion. The funtionality of the revision cloud tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro is really ideal. Something that is quick and looks neat. Having to click dozens of times to cloud a viewport can be very time consuming.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
bsramala

Third and/or fourth.  Whatever number i am.

The rev bubbles look primitive and messy.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
nickhollot

The revision cloud tools in Revit are embarrassingly inadequate; even simple markup programs like Acrobat and Bluebeam have it figured out.

Clearly the developers have not tied to cloud individual lines in a schedule which is a common task that should take seconds must ends up taking forever copying and rotating little bits of cloud to get a uniform rectangle shape that doesn't obscure the text lines above and below.

The small-bubble-little bubble pattern is bizarre and NOT an industry standard and should not be eliminated.  Not being able to quickly and simply adjust the cloud thickness, circle radius, etc is also quite disappointing.

I truly hope that this tool is overhauled for the next release.  Using it is beyond frustrating.

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
useanalog
in reply to: nickhollot

@nickhollot wrote:

The revision cloud tools in Revit are embarrassingly inadequate; 

Most of the simple drafting tools in Revit are embarrassingly inadequate.  If only the developer also owned an elite drafting program to use as a guide.  Oh, wait...

@nickhollot wrote:

Clearly the developers have not tied to cloud individual lines in a schedule

It may be safe to say that clearly the developers have not tested several of the "simple" functions of Revit.  Perhaps that should be another wishlist item?

Message 7 of 7
DryBread

Agreed.

The visual aspect of revision cloud function and the drawing options within Revit really are embarrassing

(1) There should definitely be a couple options for the curves of the clouds. The "short-long" curves are just plain lame.

(2) Additional drawing options for creating the Rev Cloud based upon a rectangle, circle, ellipse, or even 'pick lines' would be a welcome improvement!

thanks,  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report