Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pipe Group" + Tag For Pipe Risers

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
510 Views, 0 Replies

"Pipe Group" + Tag For Pipe Risers

I have been scratching my head on this one... and while I would leverage Revit differently, my engineers have been clamoring for a Pipe Riser Tag.

The problem is, you cant draw a single pipe ( to representa a riser, or riser group as I would call it) in Revit, and still maintiant system connectivity. We work on some REALLY big MEP projects, and the traditional use of Riser tags for us is to cross reference risers in a plan, to a Schematic Riser DIagram. (which is a whole different wish list item). Calling each pipe out with its own tag makes an incredibly cluttered drawing, whilst using a callout for each pipe riser would result in dozens moree sheets of nothing but pipe riser callouts.

I wouldn't want to change the functionalitly of revit, I think the engineers should still model individual pipes through the model, I do see a usefullness to be able to make a "pipe group" that is taggable. (similar to the group command, I would think). It would also be nice to be able to extract pipe data from the objects within that group, to display in  the Pipe Group object I would build (For example, the pipe systems contained within that group).

Or, I'm open to alternative techniques already established, to communicate the same intent, but I can't thik of anythign off the top of my head that I ahven't already tried...

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report