Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Select selection filter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tkendrick
663 Views, 6 Replies

Pre-Select selection filter

Have the ability to preset the selection filter before selecting anything.

Ex: I know I only want to select light fixtures before hand, preset selection filter to light fixtures and window select an area, my selection set is only the light fixtures.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
plawton5092
in reply to: tkendrick

Agreed - custom 'saved selection sets' could be a drop down, and you just pick the one you need - even hold down CTRL to grab multiples.  Good idea - almost like a saved 'range' in Excel, which is very powerful there.

Message 3 of 7
plawton5092

It turns out that 'saveable selection sets' are now a part of Revit 2013 - one wish list item down, 8,460 to go.

My advice:  Do not hold your breath

Message 4 of 7
Levitskiy.SP

Excellent free solution! A little something that you like, but I greatly helps in work Smiley Wink

Editing (Antimirror, Supperfilter and Rename) 

We can only choose the family that we need (I have a Russian version, but you can download and English)

How it works 

Message 5 of 7
adam.jw

That's actually a pretty good idea. I wonder how best to implement it though, like, put a little drop down box (similar to the select workset dropdown) right next to the filter button on the lower right hand corner of the interface? And then let you click the model category you're interested in?

Maybe there's a way that the program already knows what visible in the current view, so it automatically filters a drop-down list to only items visible in the current view, that way you don't have a mile long drop down list. I think having a drop down list with check boxes, it could be next to the Filter at the bottom right of the window.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 7 of 7
Levitskiy.SP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report