Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Selected Views/Sheets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CoreyDaun
890 Views, 1 Reply

Plot Selected Views/Sheets

A few things I would very much like to see, a couple of which have been mentioned before:

#1 - 'Views' option to be default "off"

When plotting, one is much more likely to be printing the Sheets and not the Views. The checkbox for 'Views' should be cleared by default unless there are no Sheets present in the Project.

#2 - Sheets Appearing on Index

We have had several projects in which we had special sheets that are not a part of the main project (i.e., Sheet Views for printing schedules), and it would be convenient to filter out all of the Sheets that have the "Appears in Index" checkbox cleared. This would prevent the accidental inclusion of these extraneous sheets. Use of the saved sets is not an entirely acceptable solution, as we print many times as the project progresses and sheets are added/removed.

#3 - Sheet/View Plot Order

There should be a way to sort and filter the list of Views/Sheets that appear on this list, in a way that is identical to the way they are sorted on the Project Browser. And perhaps these Project Browser settings should be able to be directly applied to this list. There would have to be two separate filters, though - one for Views and one for Sheets.

#4 - Plot Preview

Revit does not allow the user to use the Plot Preview tool when multiple sheets are select. Many other applications allow the user to scroll through the Sheets in the preview. I realize that having a lot of sheets queued could be quite cumbersome and slow, so perhaps a set limit should be applied as the maximum number of sheets that can appear in the preview. At the very least, Revit should allow the user to preview the first sheet in the queue.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: CoreyDaun

@Anonymous wrote:

#4 - Plot Preview

Revit does not allow the user to use the Plot Preview tool when multiple sheets are select. Many other applications allow the user to scroll through the Sheets in the preview. I realize that having a lot of sheets queued could be quite cumbersome and slow, so perhaps a set limit should be applied as the maximum number of sheets that can appear in the preview. At the very least, Revit should allow the user to preview the first sheet in the queue.

I'm to new at Revit to really comment on the others but did want to say this regarding #4.  I think that in such a case of many sheets causing a preview to take extra time, Revit should warn the user and let him/her decide whether or not to move forward with the preview.  Maybe offer at that time to only preview certain sheets via a dialog with check boxes next to each sheet?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report