Revit MEP Wishes

Contributor
apaupert
Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)

Non-Selectable Links Setting

291 Views, 3 Replies
02-20-2012 04:21 AM

Hello,

I would like a right click feature when hovering over a link to make the link non-selectable. Just like how AutoCAD works with Excel files linked in. Filtering/pinning the links are good but non-selectable would be great!

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (282 Views)

Re: Non-Selectable Links Setting

02-20-2012 08:04 AM in reply to: apaupert

I absolutely agree with this, as well as most users would, I imagine.

Discussed in this post is a work-around method of achieving this. However, this is NOT a solution, nor is it flawless.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
mmorga84
Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

09-18-2012 01:02 PM in reply to: apaupert

Bump!

Can't believe this is still not implemented.

Every person I've ever talked to working in MEP notes this as a significant annoyance.  After I set up arch/structural linked models and pin them, I NEVER want to select them again. 

Mis-clicks and the resulting 5-10 seconds of lost time happens every couple of minutes.  That is a big loss of efficiency.  Seems like a very easy fix to just add the unselectable option.

Mentor
thombrady
Message 4 of 4 (214 Views)

10-04-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: apaupert

Everyone who uses REVIT, will ever want to use REVIT & those who are not even born yet want this feature. I cannot beleive how many times I cannot even select a duct or put a diffuser in because for some reason the link is preventing this! Please, Please implement this. Make it unselectable, if I want to select it I will open up the Link itself & do what I have to do then reload it back in.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.