Did you mean: 

Non-Selectable Links Setting

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
apaupert
652 Views, 3 Replies

Non-Selectable Links Setting

Hello,

I would like a right click feature when hovering over a link to make the link non-selectable. Just like how AutoCAD works with Excel files linked in. Filtering/pinning the links are good but non-selectable would be great!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: apaupert

I absolutely agree with this, as well as most users would, I imagine.

Discussed in this post is a work-around method of achieving this. However, this is NOT a solution, nor is it flawless.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
mmorga84

Bump!

Can't believe this is still not implemented.

Every person I've ever talked to working in MEP notes this as a significant annoyance.  After I set up arch/structural linked models and pin them, I NEVER want to select them again. 

Mis-clicks and the resulting 5-10 seconds of lost time happens every couple of minutes.  That is a big loss of efficiency.  Seems like a very easy fix to just add the unselectable option.

Message 4 of 4
thombrady

Everyone who uses REVIT, will ever want to use REVIT & those who are not even born yet want this feature. I cannot beleive how many times I cannot even select a duct or put a diffuser in because for some reason the link is preventing this! Please, Please implement this. Make it unselectable, if I want to select it I will open up the Link itself & do what I have to do then reload it back in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report