Did you mean: 

MORE COLOUR PLEASE!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
asvREVIT
1769 Views, 9 Replies

MORE COLOUR PLEASE!

We're Hydraulic Designers and the industry is screeming to have pipe systems in 3D in COLOUR!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wim
Contributor
in reply to: asvREVIT

Revit can do this without any problem.

Message 3 of 10
asvREVIT

THat's great news! But I've just sat through 3 days of REVIT training and was told consistently that there is no way to identify pipe runs in colour in 3D view (unless you 'paint' each individual element!).....

Message 4 of 10
asommer

I have about 20 different pipe types on one of my projects, I have used "Filters" located in the Visibility/Graphic Overrides to set different colors to all different types.  You just have to play with the filter settings a bit.

Message 5 of 10
asvREVIT
in reply to: asommer

It works beautifully! Thank you all.... I will have great pleasure advising our 'trainer' of this revelation.

Message 6 of 10
embolisim

@asvREVIT wrote:
I've just sat through 3 days of REVIT training and was told consistently that there is no way to identify pipe runs in colour in 3D view (unless you 'paint' each individual element!).....

It's name and shame time!

Who on earth told you that rubbish? Its one of the more basic things to do.

Message 7 of 10
Hugh_Compton

How do you apply a material to a Pipe Type? 

Message 8 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

As far as I know, one cannot apply Material to a Pipe Type specifically; it's defined by the Pipe System's Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 9 of 10
Hugh_Compton

Hang Fire, I think I've just cracked it!

When a piping segment (under settings) is first created there is a dialog that asks what material to make the pipe from - simply select a material and your good to go....

I've attached a jpeg for more information.  I've tested it with a multi-material valve attached to the pipe and the valve retains it's materials....I'll need to test this a bit more but it seems to work 🙂

Message 10 of 10
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

Let's direct this conversation into the normal MEP Forum, shall we?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Assigning-materials-to-pipe-for-visual-purposes-Cop...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report