Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library with more Families is Needed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
257 Views, 3 Replies

Library with more Families is Needed

My company is currently testing Revit MEP 2008, and would like to begin doing actual projects in the near future. One of the biggest challenges is building a library. Three strategies can help solve this. (1) Autodesk needs to put more pressure on the manufacturers of MEP components to provide 3D families for use in our models. (2) The family editor needs better functionality. I can only edit in one plane, and am unable to raise/lower objects, which is essential. (3) While perhaps only feasible as this technology is in it's infancy, additional library content should be available for purchase. Does anybody see any of this already happening? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My company is working on our first Revit project and we have realized that a VAV box is not available in the families provided by Autodesk. I am not speaking of the fan-powered type, but the more basic "squeeze-box", perhaps with electric heat. Revitcity.com also did not have this item. Does anyone know where I might find this family? It seems basic and critical enough that someone must have created it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I definitely agree on the functionality of the family editor, although I am impressed with the handling of attributes. The pressure on manufacturers to begin development of equipment families, however, seems to already exist. Clearly designers are going to give preference to manufacturers who are on the ball with this; they will be made basis of design on more projects and other companies will be forced to comply or face losses.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Make your own. I did and it took me half an hour and I have all the
shared paramerters I would want.

This will be a major headache if you recieve parts from manufactures,
they dont have the parameters *I* want; they will have the crap I dont
care about. I want CALCs not colors and phone numbers.

magickmike wrote:
> My company is working on our first Revit project and we have
> realized that a VAV box is not available in the families provided by
> Autodesk. I am not speaking of the fan-powered type, but the more
> basic "squeeze-box", perhaps with electric heat. Revitcity.com also
> did not have this item. Does anyone know where I might find this
> family? It seems basic and critical enough that someone must have
> created it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report