Revit MEP Wishes

Revit MEP Wishes

Valued Contributor
mmcglone
Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Leaders in custom families

179 Views, 1 Replies
08-15-2012 10:32 AM

I would like to see a control point that can be manipulated in the family editor that sets where leaders snap to.  I have a circular grille tag with a text box below it.  See attached pic.  Since the text box has to be so much bigger than the actual circle to avoid word wrapping the leader leaves a space that is undesirable.

Leaders GRR.png

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)

Re: Leaders in custom families

08-15-2012 10:49 AM in reply to: mmcglone

Absolutely! Our Room Number/Name Tags are like this as well, and since we don't connect leaders from the top or bottom of the Tag, they look quite stupid with that gap. I had to draw a horizontal line in in the Tag Family on both sides to account for this gap. Now, there are three Types in the Tag Family: "No Leader", "Right Leader", "Left Leader", each with "Yes/No" parameters controlling the visibility of these added lines.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.