Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaders in custom families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mmcglone
894 Views, 1 Reply

Leaders in custom families

I would like to see a control point that can be manipulated in the family editor that sets where leaders snap to.  I have a circular grille tag with a text box below it.  See attached pic.  Since the text box has to be so much bigger than the actual circle to avoid word wrapping the leader leaves a space that is undesirable.

Leaders GRR.png

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: mmcglone

Absolutely! Our Room Number/Name Tags are like this as well, and since we don't connect leaders from the top or bottom of the Tag, they look quite stupid with that gap. I had to draw a horizontal line in in the Tag Family on both sides to account for this gap. Now, there are three Types in the Tag Family: "No Leader", "Right Leader", "Left Leader", each with "Yes/No" parameters controlling the visibility of these added lines.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report