cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
CoreyDaun
368 Views, 1 Reply

Invisible Ink

I would like to be able to set a Text Style to "Invisible", exactly like Invisible Lines.

When doing projects in AutoCAD, our engineers tend to put onto the drawing a generous amount of information (such as field notes, coordination notes, distribution panel info, etc.) that is not to be directly or at all included in the final project. These text notes were placed on the layer DefPoints, or some other non-printable layer. This information increased accuracy and speed when multiple engineers are working on the same project, as finding and rifling through someone else's field notes and surveys (not to mention trying to read them) can get cumbersome. I am aware that there are plenty of method to control visibility (i.e. V/G Overrides, Detail Level, Filters, Dedicated Views) but for this method to work, the information must not depend upon being turned on.

There are also other tasks I would like to accomplish with this, such embedding a Type label into lighting fixtures that are for reference only (due to element rotation and other reasons).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
plawton5092
in reply to: CoreyDaun

CADastrophe:

Elsewhere I have suggested a simple 'non-plotting' function for some aspect of Revit, but there seems to be little interest on the part of the programmers, probably because I am not a major shareholder.  We desperately need non-plotting text (and linestyles), for notes that the designer or engineer need to see, but that should not show up on the printed page.

AutoCAD has had 'defpoints' for 20+ years, because designers need it .... the fact that revit programmers do not know this show just how 'out of touch' they are.  They either don't know that we need it, or they do know, but they refuse to provide it - either case is unacceptably anti-customer.

Good luck with your efforts to improve this sorry pile of bits.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report