Revit MEP Wishes

Active Contributor
tjbeecher
Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

Insulation on piping and duct

158 Views, 2 Replies
08-30-2012 08:26 AM

Can we make the insulation on pipe and duct as a part of the routing preferences please.

Mentor
thombrady
Message 2 of 3 (146 Views)

Re: Insulation on piping and duct

09-04-2012 08:14 AM in reply to: tjbeecher

I agree 1000% !! Also when you shut off the pipe in Visibilty Graphics the Insulation should dissappear also. Can someone tell me one reason why you would leave the insulation & shut the piping off. These should go hand in hand.

Mentor
thombrady
Message 3 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: Insulation on piping and duct

09-06-2012 06:56 AM in reply to: tjbeecher

Sorry, but I had to add to my RANT! Why does my insulation always go back to 2" thick? I place a pipe & change the insulation to ... say 1.5" & when I add the insulation it defaults to 2". Everytime now I add the insulation I keep everything selected & edit it to whatever size I need. It would be fine with me if you could just pick 1 size & use it for everything. Obviously best case would be to assign different thicknesses to filters for different pipes EX. Chilled 2" Hot 1.5".

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.