Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Annotation Multiple Leaders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CoreyDaun
1717 Views, 2 Replies

Generic Annotation Multiple Leaders

We use a good deal of Generic Annotations and often stem multiple Leaders from a single instance. An annoying aspect of removing a Leader is that Revit always removes the last Leader created. In Revit 2013, one can select a specific segment of a dimension string via mouse-over+TAB and delete only that segment. I would like to see this same functionality regarding the Leaders of Generic Annotations.

For example, in the image below, I want to remove the Leader that is pointing to nothing (the elements was removed in a design revision). Unfortunately, that was the first Leader that I created, so by selecting the Annotation and clicking Remove Leader, one of the other Leaders would be removed and then I have to adjust the first leader to replace the lost one. If I could TAB+Select that unwanted Leader and click Remove Leader or press the Delete key, that would be much less of a pain.

RemoveLeader.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tkendrick
in reply to: CoreyDaun

So does this functionality extend to any TAG? I was just about to add a wish to be able to Add Leaders to Tags in the same way you can add leaders to Text.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 3 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tkendrick

Tags would be a completely different story. I wouldn't want to add dumb leaders to a Tag, but rather leaders that still maintain an association with the Tagged element. This is how I would want Multi-Leader Tags to work:

Say that two nearby elements are Tagged, and I want to combine their Tags into a single one with multiple leaders. Provided that the Tags' Reported Data is IDENTICAL (that is, every label in the Tag reports the same value), then one of the Tags could be moved on top of the other. This would automatically lock (constrain) the Tags together, so if one is moved, the other will remain in the same exact position, maintaining the image of a single Tag. The leaders would maintain independent association with their respective elements.

If one desires to split the Tags apart, their would be a option to do so while the element (the Tag) is selected. Additionally, the Tags would automatically be split should the reported data of either of the tagged elements change. This splitting would offset one of the Tags so they are no longer overlapping.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report