Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Circuit Tools

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CoreyDaun
987 Views, 1 Reply

Electrical Circuit Tools

I would like to see the following tools to speed up the painful process of revising electrical layouts:

Uncircuit Elements

All selected elements are quickly removed from all Electrical Circuits.

Unswitch Elements

All selected elements are quickly removed from all Switch Systems.

Disconnect Elements

All selected elements are removed from all Electrical Circuits and Switch Systems.

Join Circuits

Select two electrical circuit with compatible properties, and they are combined into a single circuit.

Split Circuits

Select an electrical circuit, and then select one or more elements that belong to that circuit and they are added to a new Electrical Circuit.

Match Connections

A source fixture is selected, and all additionally selected Elements are added to the source's Electrical Circuit and Switch System, if applicable.

Edit Panel Schedule

This should be available while an Electrical Circuit is selected as well, not just a panel.

Create Identical

This would function just like Create Similar, except that it would connect the new Elements to the same systems as the source element.

All of this is very possible with the current tools, but it is extremely cumbersome and slow. These tools would speed up the process.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tkendrick
in reply to: CoreyDaun

+100   

Yes, please add all these features. Recircuiting is not fun, especially as I found out that Wires DO NOT update when you re-circuit. I have already added that to the wish list.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report