Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier way to add Room Tags

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
revitman
217 Views, 1 Reply

Easier way to add Room Tags

We need to show the arch room names & numbers on our plans. As of now I see no way to do it efficiently. How is everyone else doing this?

One method would be to insert our own tags in our monitored rooms, but it seems this would have to be done for every single room individually, then repeated for every floor & every view. That is a lot of work. Not to mention that as the arch. adds rooms, we will need to know that & then add our tags for those new rooms (in every view).

Their has to be a better way than this. Anyone else have a more efficient way?

My perfect solution would be to have the ability to copy/monitor room tags as well as rooms, and be able to move the tags around within the room so they wont end up on top of ducts or equipment.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: revitman

Room tags do not act like an autoCAD file where you can turn them off or on using layers. You do have to use the room tag on every sheet to use them. I prefer filtering them out on the Arch plan and CTRL+C then CTRL+V into your plan. It is much quicker. If you see a new room in your plan with out a tag it is as simple as adding one to yours. This is the best you will get with these. And you can move them around on your plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report