Did you mean: 

DIVIDE ORDER & FAST REVIT MEP

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
aamahmoud
318 Views, 10 Replies

DIVIDE ORDER & FAST REVIT MEP

WE NEED DIVIDE ORDER
TO DIVIDE ROOM SPACING IN 2 DIRECTION (X TO X)
AND PUT THE FIXTURE IN THESE POINTS
THIS WILL MAKE REVIT VERY FAST
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
aamahmoud
in reply to: aamahmoud

NEED ORDER TO DIVIDE AROOM
CONTAIN 2X2 LIGHTING FIXTURES (X TO X) DISTANCE
AND PUT THE LIGHTING FIXTURES IN THE CORRECT PLACES
BY ONE ORDER
Message 3 of 11
caniman

I know this is not the exact answer you are looking for but at least with the method mentioned in this topic you can divide accurately which is what I use for my lighting layouts.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5100752
Message 4 of 11
sschwartz

2x2 fixtures can be arrayed in one direction already. If there is a grid, you would have 24" increments, or 48" increments. There is an array button. I don't have a clue why you would divide a light fixture. Message was edited by: sschwartz
Message 5 of 11
caniman

Please correct me if I am wrong but when using array it only divides the distance between the items. When doing a lighting layout I require a half distance from the wall to my first light and again this half distance after the last light. This gives me a true equal layout. This is why I draw a line and divide it.
I only do this when I don't have a grid to work with.

If you know a an easier way to do this please tell me.
Message 6 of 11
sschwartz

Array works similarly to an AutoCAD array command. You pick the first point, pick the second, (which at the same time you get on screen dimensions as to how far you are placing the second point). You then can change the number of items arrayed. If you picked the second point 8' from the first and you have selected 4, you will get 4 fixtures spaced exactly 8' apart in whichever distance you selected. I don't quite get why you are using lines, other than making guidelines?

Array is exactly that. An array either linear or radial, not a divide command, to the best of my knowledge. Sorry, I don't have a better suggestion as to how to layout what sounds like downlights.

I typically run calcs to figure my spacing in every room before I layout any lights, and just recreate the approx spacing in the model. Message was edited by: sschwartz
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Surely Revit should be able to do the spacing calcs for you. If it can't do it natively then give us access to a simple programming language that we can write these programs ourselves. In autocad I wrote a simple lisp that would allow me to pick bottom left corner, then top right, then prompt number of rows and number of cols and it would then space the fittings out for me, half distance from each wall and full distance between fittings. No need to do manual calcs.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Surely Revit should be able to do the spacing calcs for you. If it can't do it natively then give us access to a simple programming language that we can write these programs ourselves. In autocad I wrote a simple lisp that would allow me to pick bottom left corner, then top right, then prompt number of rows and number of cols and it would then space the fittings out for me, half distance from each wall and full distance between fittings. No need to do manual calcs.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

. Edited by: d.channon@bassett.com.au on Sep 24, 2008 4:23 PM
Message 10 of 11
sschwartz

Yes you can, it is called ARRAY
Message 11 of 11
caniman

We have already discussed ARRAY in this thread. ARRAY is not suitable as it does not leave a space at the beggining and end of selection. Edited by: caniman on Sep 30, 2008 1:38 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report