Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagram/Schematics

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
284 Views, 2 Replies

Diagram/Schematics

Since Revit already keeps track of the connectivity of equipment in systems, it would be nice to have a schematic/diagramming tool that would link to the physical model. It might help us also create our more complex systems.

For example:
You have a chilled water system with cooling towers, chillers, pumps, a heat exchanger, etc.
-To start you could create your diagram and link the pieces together how you want them.
-When you go to start laying it out on plan, the "Layout path" function could use the diagram to know what pipes go where and in what order.
-Upon completing the layout you realize you need another pump or two in your system or something is piped wrong. You then hook the pump up in plan and the diagram is automatically updated as well.
I could also see this idea working very well for the electrical guys to make their one-lines.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree 100%.

joefields wrote:
> Since Revit already keeps track of the connectivity of equipment in systems, it would be nice to have a schematic/diagramming tool that would link to the physical model. It might help us also create our more complex systems.
>
> For example:
> You have a chilled water system with cooling towers, chillers, pumps, a heat exchanger, etc.
> -To start you could create your diagram and link the pieces together how you want them.
> -When you go to start laying it out on plan, the "Layout path" function could use the diagram to know what pipes go where and in what order.
> -Upon completing the layout you realize you need another pump or two in your system or something is piped wrong. You then hook the pump up in plan and the diagram is automatically updated as well.
> I could also see this idea working very well for the electrical guys to make their one-lines.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Good idea. That would be great, as diagrams always take part in a project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report