Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demolished Pipes keep system abbreviation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
zachrohlfs
1396 Views, 2 Replies

Demolished Pipes keep system abbreviation

Demolished pipes should retain the system abbreviation and type they used to be at a minimum.

The pipes realistically should be part of a demolished system and capable of being reverted back to being an existing pipe if later on in the project the pipes are no longer to be demolished.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
genem
in reply to: zachrohlfs

I agree! Once you select items to be demolished, if you have to change your mind and decide to keep something, you basically have to start all over again and draw them.

At teh very least...keep the system for tagging.

genem@... (NNTP handle: genemarz)
You may recognize me from the
hundreds of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10 years
as genemarz

Message 3 of 3
adam.jw
in reply to: zachrohlfs

This has been a long desired feature for us as well.

At least pipes placed in an "existing" phase still retain their original system abbreviation. This is nice for remods or additions where you're tapping into existing infrastructure. But the fact that just demolishing something will break it's system abbreviation is very frustrating. 

I guess in theory the idea was "Well, once it's demolished, it's going to be just removed from the project. So who cares about what system it was ONCE a part of?"

That may be fine for walls, and doors, and other architectual elements (and we all know Revit was built for architects first) --- but keeping system abbreviations is important for MEP modeling of systems. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to know if you were demoing a GAS LINE vs. a WATER LINE ---- just saying.

AND SPEAKING OF GAS/AIR, WHY AREN'T THERE COMPRESSED AIR OR GAS PIPE SYSTEMS IN REVIT YET! COME ON! 🙂

Peace and love,

Adam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report