Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Worksets

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CoreyDaun
381 Views, 2 Replies

Default Worksets

As of now, I am convinced that there are some that will never learn (or bother) to check their current Workset, and this has cost us.

I would like to see a Category/Workset Mapping ability (which would only apply to newly placed Elements) in which you can set a particular Category of element to always be initially placed on a designated Workset. For example, if any user places a Light Fixture, I could map it to be automatically placed on the Workset "Lighting and Controls". I imagine it would function and appear just like the "Loaded Tags" dialog box. By default, nothing would be set.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
embolisim
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It shuld apply to system fmilies to, i.e. ducts, pipes, and wires....

Message 3 of 3
adam.jw
in reply to: CoreyDaun

You know when you're using annotation blocks in AutoCAD for the first time, and it asks you what the annotation scale should be? Something like that.

What would be nice, would be to apply the Discipline and Sub-Disicpline to a workset, for example:

Level 1 - Lighting would have "Electrical" as it's Dicispline and then "Lighting" as it's Sub-Discipline.

Say for example, you're in your Lighting Level 1 Ceiling Plan, but your workset is set to "Level 2 - Power", when you attempt to place a device on a workset that doesn't match the view's Discipline/Sub-Disipline, it will prompt you:

"You're about to place a device on the Power work set. This view is a Lighting sheet."

It might make setting up your worksets for the first time a bit cumbersome, but that would give you a good measure against noobies (or even myself) forgetting which workset they're on.

It's a nightmare at our firm, as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report