Matt Dillon
Autodesk Architectural Desktop Certified Expert

View my ADT Blog "Breaking Down the Walls" at
http://www.modocrmadt.blogspot.com
kmenk
Message 2 of 18 (302 Views)

Re: Customizable Panel Schedules

04-18-2007 01:51 PM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
I totally agree. At my firm we prefer to show wire size in the panel schedules. So I am currently having to create Panel Schedules outside of REVIT.
jfosteriii
Message 3 of 18 (302 Views)

09-06-2007 01:58 PM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
I agree, the Revit provided panel schedule leaves a lot to be desired. Custom schedules that can match a company's existing standard panel schedule in function and appearance would be nice. Better yet, if Revit could simply import and export a live link to an Excel spreadsheet...
Distinguished Contributor
Jarom05
Message 4 of 18 (302 Views)

09-13-2007 01:01 PM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
Me too. I would like to see this as well. revit does so many things well and then other thins are crap. Can't Autodesk bring revit up to AutoCAD's standard, or are they leaving it crappy for the user's that used Revit before Autodesk bought the program. If Autodesk wants to get more AutoCAD users to get in on the program they really need to make it similar to AutoCAD so that the learning cure is not so big. Who cares about oldschool users.
joseph.hower
Message 5 of 18 (302 Views)

01-22-2008 11:08 AM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
That's funny!

MEP users complain constantly about how bad it is and that it won't perform some of the most basic functions of our industry like linking panelboards together, and you want Revit brought "up" to that standard.

Be happy and hope that they don't do that.
sschwartz
Message 6 of 18 (302 Views)

01-23-2008 08:53 AM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
Jarom05 - I understand your frustration. I do not agree with the attitude, nor the delivery. I look forward to see what kind of solution to the current panelboard schedule crisis that Autodesk brings us.

By the way, IMHO the "oldschool users" are usually the ones who write out the paychecks. Let's hope your oldschool user doesn't read this discussion group.

Just sounding off... even though this particular discussion group IS supposed to be a wish list group. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :smileytongue:

Message was edited by: sschwartz Message was edited by: sschwartz
sschwartz
Message 7 of 18 (302 Views)

01-23-2008 09:18 AM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
I think the simple fact that right now you can only fit 2 panelboard schedules on a sheet at their current width is ridiculous. I have worked on non revit projects that have had over 100 new lighting and receptacle panels (not taking into consideration a distribution panel). At the current rate of 2 (or even 3 to 4) to a sheet this would create in upwards of 50 new sheets!

I think consideration should be taken to their actual use, as they would (in theory) be used on a sheet, how many can be put on a sheet? Lineweights/widths are more of a user preference thing, but perhaps an overall width setting to start would be a much better approach.
Jarom05
Message 8 of 18 (302 Views)

01-26-2008 08:57 AM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
The panelbaords are so far off that I think that it really need to be taken care of. Again, Autodesk totally dropped the ball. Revit MEP was a premature release. Obviously they didn't even give a beta version to Electrical engineers. Probly so they could trick everyone into giving them thousands ofo dollars. Is't the bait ans switch illegal? isn't it fraud to advertise one thing and provide another?
RedCarsRule
Message 9 of 18 (302 Views)

07-30-2009 04:19 PM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
The panelboard schedule feature is entirely unusable. The schedule needs to be completely customizable for what information displays in each column, include circuit breaker icons if desired, etc. Need to be able to include additional information on the header, ie: 200% neutral, isolated grond, TVSS, etc. I prefer my panelboard schedules to have an appearance somewhat similar to what we would receive in a shop drawing submittal. This makes shop drawing review mush easier. I can do it in Excel, and perform all of the NEC demand load calculations automatically. Revit needs to be able to do this, it can't be that hard...
simon.whitbread
Message 10 of 18 (302 Views)

07-30-2009 04:24 PM in reply to: *Matt Dillon
There's no doubt Revit MEP need LOTS of work, but as for:

...isn't it fraud to advertise one thing and provide another?

I don't think I have ever been misled Edited by: simon.whitbread on Jul 31, 2009 11:25 AM
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.