Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit tools, more controls

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tkendrick
894 Views, 0 Replies

Conduit tools, more controls

Conduit needs to have more controls and tools, like AutoCAD MEP does.

-Need to be able to rotate 90s and bends based on the center of the pipe not the graphical center of the entire object (useless). Have this field edittable in Properties.

-Need to be able to create Rolling Offsets, where the bends are not perpendicular or parallel to the vertical or horizontal. Using 1 rolling offset is a better solution that having 2 sets of offsets back to back to change direction in the vertical and then the horizontal, a rolling offset eliminates 1 complete set of bends.

-Need to be able to limit bends to certain degrees, such as 10, 15, 22, 30, 45, 90, no one in the field is going to figure out the measurements to bend a 23.5 degree angle. We use standard angles, those listed already. Have this field edittable in Properties.

-Need junction boxes to remain when placed, currently a junction box may disappear because Auto-Routing thinks it's not necessary. This is most likely not true, if a j-box is placed it should always be there, because it was placed for a reason.

The attached image shows a rolling offset in conduit. I attempted to rotate the 2 bends but without being able to snap to the pipe center, or starting there, I can't possibly get the angles exact so that I can connect those 2 bends.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums