Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit between Design Options

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
adam.jw
357 Views, 0 Replies

Circuit between Design Options

It sound insane. But it makes sense. I think.

I have clients that change their mind left and right (who doesn't!). So on this multi-story barracks (like a hotel, only cheaper), I have multiple design options for the dwelling units incase someone finds something new or different in the RFP (or demands something that isn't in the RFP).

So. Long story longer. I want my dwelling unit's panel to remain in the main model (as that is not going to move very often), but circuit my devices from design options to the panel in the main model.

I know that I can connect equipment from Model Groups out and into non grouped devices.

Now I want to do the same thing with my Electrical Fixtures but with Design Options instead.

This will probably be really hard to do. And it might be a bit confusing at first. But I think it could be solved by adding an instance parameter to the Panel Schedule itself. So you can pick which design option is circuited to the panel.

I find this idea to be quite genius, but go ahead, shoot me down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report