Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom and Top of duct/Pipe tags

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jamisonj1998
826 Views, 1 Reply

Bottom and Top of duct/Pipe tags

I was wondering if anyone out there has figured out a way to get the bottom and top of duct tags to give the elevation values of your pipe/duct when it has insulation around it. I know it goes to the top/bottom of the pipe/duct now, but if you add lets say 2" insulation around the ductwork, its will still only read the elevation of the actual duct and not the insulation. It would be nice if the tag could take that into account also. So as an example: I have a 12x10 duct at an elevation of 10'-0" at the bottom of duct, now i add 2" of insulation around that duct taking it to a overall size of 16x14, but the BOD tag reads 10'-0" instead of 9'-10". 

Has anyone come across a way of making that work, if not that would be a nice feature to be added in future releases.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jamisonj1998

The only methods I've thought of is to use a Spot Elevation Tag, or to include "Insulation Thickness" into the label so that the information is at least there.

This definitely seems like something that should be addressed...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report