Revit MEP Wishes (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Professional Revit MEP Certification?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
apaupert
4073 Views, 15 Replies

Autodesk Professional Revit MEP Certification?

It may exist and if it does I'd like to know where I can get this... But I'd like to see Autodesk Professional Revit MEP Certification. Right now it looks like there is certification that is totally focused on Architectural. I never bothered with this Certification because what I do for my company is only MEP and this certification means nothing to me as I NEVER deal with building a wall/floor/ceiling. I want a certification that shows what I know on only the MEP features. I could probably pass the Architectural Certification but why bother?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
tkendrick
in reply to: apaupert

Same here. Please add Revit MEP Certification.

----
Use this link to tell Autodesk about features you need:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
Message 3 of 16
jsousa

Same here, there are tons of MEP only firms out there.

Jason H. Sousa
HPD, LLC
Phone: 770-455-7707 Ext. 148
E-mail: jsousa@hpdengineers.com
Fax: 770-455-4532
Message 4 of 16
tkendrick
in reply to: jsousa

Wow! There must be more than THREE of us who use Revit MEP and want a certification for it.

Bump!

----
Message 5 of 16
asommer
in reply to: tkendrick

I'd get certified.  What's there to certify in Architectural, anyway?

Maybe they could use the User Status on these forums.  I see some people with "PRO".  I've been a "Distinguished Mentor" for a while.  Do I get a free Ice Cream?  1/2 price on my next pizza from Pizza Hut?

Message 6 of 16
tkendrick
in reply to: asommer

That's a good idea.

I took the AutoCAD Certification. It's a practical type exam. Multiple choice, or fill-in answers, and you are presented with an image and description of what you need to do to find the answer. It's a test to see if you can use the basics of the software. Or at least for AutoCAD it was. I imagine the Revit Arch test is similar, you have to manipulate objects so you can produce the answer. Usually the answer was some form of dimension or property of an object.

The tests aren't easy. I took the Professional test twice.

----
Message 7 of 16
xxjwilson

I also work in an MEP only firm and this certification would likely be a good line on my AND my firms resume.

All of my "professional" training came from Revit Arch.but all of the "real world" training was on MEP and I really feel MEP has a lot more depth to it. Maybe Autodesk is just waiting until more users work on Revit MEP, I know the Architectural industry has been in Revit for a good deal longer then MEP firms, then again maybe the Arch test is just more cost effective to produce because there isnt much to it.Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 16
wesley.jeffreys

this is in high demand...Why is this not available for Revit MEP? or maybe i should ask..."WHEN" will this be available?

Message 9 of 16
mjvincent

I also work for a MEP contractor. i've been using Revit MEP for the last 4 years, and having a certification to validate my experience would be great. i know that i could pass the Architectural test too, but don't see any value in that at this point.

Message 10 of 16
jevgeni

Yeah, please add Revit MEP Professional cert 🙂

Message 11 of 16

I'm in the process of convincing my supervisor to pay for my certification in Arch right now, but if MEP is a possibility soon, I'll just wait.

Message 12 of 16

You should convince your boss to pay for Autodesk University, where you will get lots of good training and (at least for the past few years) have been able to take Certification exams for free.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 13 of 16
jsousa
in reply to: dtiemeyer

So they have MEP certifications available?
Jason H. Sousa
HPD, LLC
Phone: 770-455-7707 Ext. 148
E-mail: jsousa@hpdengineers.com
Fax: 770-455-4532
Message 14 of 16
mjvincent
in reply to: dtiemeyer

now that's justification!! let's spend $2,000 for a trip to Vagas. have a full week without production. and get a what, $25 test for free. i don't know about your company, but that will not happen here. i've tried.

Message 15 of 16
dtiemeyer
in reply to: mjvincent

no, at AU they have only the same certification tests available through the regular system.

And to the other gentleman, I'm surprised to hear that your company would be progressive enough to use Revit, but not enough to believe in training their staff.  Strange combo there.

And I thought the tests were more in the $100 range, but I dont know, they've been either free or about $3,000 depending on how you do the accounting for AU  😄

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 16 of 16
GeeksCollaborative
in reply to: jsousa

They don't at this point in time. I'm just hopeful that they're working on it. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report