Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules and Tag Equipment VAV

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1752 Views, 13 Replies

Schedules and Tag Equipment VAV

I would like to Tag each one of my VAV's with a different tag (ie: VAV1.01, VAV1.02, ect) and have these tag names show up on the VAV schedule. How can this be accomplished?

Thus far all of my tags say "VAV" because that is the name of family description.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
asommer
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the "Tag" in the family editor. the "Label" should show the "Family Description", you can add another label, or just add another category, I would use "Mark", because this is an instance. It will give an individual number to each item. you can change this number in the tag when you tag the vavs on your plan.
Message 3 of 14
cuube

I have got the similiar problem with duct system schedule. In duct properties I have got the mark (individual for every duct) and I created the schedule. In the schedule everything look nice, but I have got a problem with main system view. If i see the floor plans in views section I see the system but not the duct marks and I haven't got any idea how can set the mark views in the floor plans.

And I have got the last question: How can i print the schedule? If I set the schedule view and come into print option, I can't print it. :( Edited by: cuube on May 14, 2010 8:13 AM
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

The first question I am unsure of what you are asking.

The second question answer is.
The schedule has to be on a sheet to print.
You cannot print the view.
Message 5 of 14
cuube

Thanks for replying. 🙂

My first question is about ducts mark on the view. How can I put the marks for every element of the system (for example for every ducts in supply system) on the plan view?
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

So you have the mark parameter you need to show in a duct tag?
Edit or create a new tag.
New-->Family-->Imperial templates-->Annotations-->Generic tag.
With that open go to-->catagory and parameters and change it to duct tags
Add a Label put it where you want and select Mark

In your model you can either select every duct individually or tag all not tagged and filter for duct.

Good luck.
Message 7 of 14
cuube

Your post was so much helpful. :))

Thank you. :)))
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Glad to help.
Message 9 of 14
cuube

Never ending story for me...

I have tried to do two things for some times, but I can't and I would like please you for helping.

1) How can I do the tags like here: http://old.wentylacja.com.pl/projektowanie/foto/aircad1.jpg . For ducts: I have got the line from every ducts, next second (horizontal or vertical) line and text. But the text shouldn't be on the ducts, but on the free space. And how can I separated the tags (for example I have {size} x {width}, where "x" is a symbol of separate 2 words)?
2) How can I do have the effects like here: http://www.systemair.com/upload/Systemair%20PL/AirCAD/16-SCHEMAT%20-%20ALL%20-%20COLOR%20-%20AKSO.jpg . I mean tags on 3D view?

Thanks for helping.
Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

1st Question
Yes that is kind of complicated in the family editor.

The first image duct tag is done with 3 different labels that are stacked.
1 label that displays the parameter of cubic meters per hour (Additional flow)
1 label that displays the parameter metre per second (Velocity)
1 label that displays the parameter size (Size)

Select the duct size tag in your model--> Right click -->Edit Family.
With the family open select Size--> Edit Label-->Select Velocity-->pick the green arrow to move it over]-->Select Additional Flow-->pick the green arrow to move it over. Put Additional flow at the top Velocity in the middle and size at the bottom. You'll see little up and down arrows at the bottom. Check the break boxes to the right on additional flow and velocity. Highlight Additional flow and pick the button on the very bottom that has the hands over the pound sign (Format). Uncheck Use Project Settings-->units=Cubic metres per hour. Rounding custom increment of 1, and hit OK.

Load into project

If you do not want to show mm In your tag (like the image) than you need to go to-->Manage-->Project Units
Set the discipline to HVAC-->Select the duct size format button and change the unit symbol to none.

If you can't get this figured out, than I will send you the family. I just think it would be best for you to at least try and do it first.

To show it in the free space you need to add a leader. If you don't add a leader it will show it in the duct.

2nd Question
The text you see in that 3D view image is known as model text. It is not intelligent or linked data. It is just text.
In your 3D view go to the Architect tab You'll see it in there.
Message 11 of 14
cuube

Jrobker - thank you so much for your helping. 🙂 And sorry for my delay - I was in the mountais since Friday.

I did everything which you said on first point and I reached the aim. 🙂 Thanks. I have got only one problem - how can I separated the things like velocity or flow (or any others) by some sign (for example "X" - in this case i would like to have 5 m/s X 250)?

And about my second point - if I good understand, is it not possible to do it automaticlly?
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

If you want to add an X between labels than you need to add either a suffix or a prefix with the letter X. Edit the label and you will see the suffix/prefix in there.

No, you cannot automatically add model text.
Message 13 of 14
cuube

It is work perfectlly, thank you very much. 🙂
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I use the export function and export to text the schedule. I can choose how it is delimited and that makes it easy to import it into excel. Once in excel, I just use the text to column feature and choose the delimiter I chose in Revit.Then I can manipulate, print, etc. without any problems. Just thought I would mention an alternative to dropping the schedule on a sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report