Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit not working on MAc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
julielfifield
337 Views, 2 Replies

Revit not working on MAc

I just got a Mac book Pro & installed Windows 7 Pro, SP 1 thru Boot Camp.

The processor is an intel(R) Core i7 - 498 HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz 

The graphics card is a NVIDA GeForce GT 750m

I installed Design Suites Ultimate. Every program worrks fine except Revit. Revit will start up, but the graphics are not right - some of the letters in the bar below the ribbon are too big for the bar & there are 2 pull downs @ the bottom right side of the screen that just flicker & can not be selected. The program freezes up after a mintue. I thought it was freezing up every time I tried to load a family, but it also freeze after a minute in any case. I think it is a configuration issue. I checked with someone I know who runs Revit on a Mac, & he has the same graphics card (600m instead of 750m) so it is not a problem with the wrong card. I also checked what he had checked in the Revit options/graphics tab & mine match what his has, so it is not that either.Windows 7 is up-to-date, so I do not know what else to check. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brettgatti
in reply to: julielfifield

Take a look at this discussion topic.  This workaround helped when we were having miscellaneous graphics issues when using Bootcamp and Windows 8.1.  I can't say for sure, but it may also help with Windows 7.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep/revit-2014-ribbon-glitch-followed-by-crash/td-p/4524447/page...

This is the response that others claim has worked for them:

Try changing the display to 150%, then it should work. I had the same issue, I’m using it on windows 8.1 Bootcamp, Revit 2014.

Right Click Desktop > Personalize > Display (in bottom left hand corner)> 150%> Apply> Log Out and it should work fine.

Message 3 of 3

My display setting was already set to 150%, but I lowered the screen resolution, which fixed the problem. Thanks for the response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report