Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017.1 Install kills Dynamo for Revit 2016

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CIPuyleart
3559 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2017.1 Install kills Dynamo for Revit 2016

We have machines that need to run both Revit 2016 and Revit 2017.  We rely on Dynamo scripts for many functions relative to our workflow.  We just discovered that the installation of Revit 2017.1 installs a NEWER version of Dynamo 1.2 and also removes all reference to the version for Revit 2016.

How do we fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
robert.klempau
in reply to: CIPuyleart

Hello,

The same question is being asked on the Dynamo Forum.

“Revit 2017.1 and Dynamo 1.2 - Gone from Revit 2016”

Unfortunately, there are now solutions yet.

Add your issue also to this topic.

I faced similar problems and decided to remove all the dynamo versions and install only the 1.2 version for Revit 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Also my recent file locations and packages are still there.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Message 3 of 5
CIPuyleart
in reply to: robert.klempau

I did add my "happening to us as well" to that thread.

As of now, I am testing the following workaround:

1. BEFORE Revit 2017.1 is installed, make sure Dynamo 1.2.0 has been installed on the target computer.
  2. COPY the following files/folders to a safe place:
    1. Dynamo.addin file from the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016 folder
    2. The entire Revit_2016 folder from the C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2 folder
  3. Install Revit 2017.1, which will also update/override previous Dynamo installs
  4. COPY the following files/folders BACK to their original locations:
    1. Dynamo.addin file to the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016 folder
    2. The entire Revit_2016 folder to the C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2 folder

This appears to be working, with the notable case being that Dynamo launched from Revit 2016 will show a Dynamo Revit version of 1.2.0.2690 and a Dynamo Core version of 1.2.0.2831 (Revit 2017's Dynamo will show both as version 1.2.0.2831)

Message 4 of 5
robert.klempau

Great job,

I saw you added the solution also to the topic on the Dynamo Forum.

Thanks

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Message 5 of 5
CIPuyleart

An issue I've run into with my previous "workaround" post is that the computer ends up showing duplicate versions of Dynamo Core installed, OR Revit 2017.1 install actually won't install Dynamo Core (so you end up with the older version that downloads from the DynamoBIM site).

So, here is a REVISED workflow I am now looking at:

1. BEFORE Revit 2017.1 is installed, make sure Dynamo 1.2.0 has been installed on the target computer.
  2. COPY the following files/folders to a safe place:
    1. Dynamo.addin file from the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016 folder
    2. The entire Revit_2016 folder from the C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2 folder
  3. UNINSTALL Dynamo 1.2.0 from the computer to ensure no conflicts with the Revit 2017.1 Dynamo update version
    1. Also uninstall any prior versions of Dynamo 
  4. Install Revit 2017.1, which will also update/override previous Dynamo installs
  5. COPY the following files/folders BACK to their original locations:
    1. Dynamo.addin file to the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016 folder
    2. The entire Revit_2016 folder to the C:\Program Files\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2 folder

In our case, I've actually created an archived copy of the Dynamo 1.2.0 files for Revit 2016, and as such I simply am uninstalling all other versions of Dynamo prior to the upgrade, and then copying the archived files back after the upgrade.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report