Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Family- Formula

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shoubhikm_cess1
164 Views, 4 Replies

Parametric Family- Formula

I'm trying to use 'ABS' syntax in one of my duct fitting parameter where multiple value is needed. In this case when I put First value, its work fine. But for others value it didn't work. Even when I write the Formula, It shows invalid Function.

My value is - 7 3/4", 9 1/4", 10 1/2", 11 1/4". 

So! How can I write the whole Formula with the using of 'ABS' ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Could you provide more detail of what you want the formula to achieve? Write it in words for someone to translate into Revit syntax e.g if (condition) then (do this) otherwise (do something else), etc.

Message 3 of 5

There is a link below where you can see the examples, and I agree with @iainsavage can you please provide a more detailed explanation of the formula you are trying to create? 

1. https://gtu.ge/Arch/Faculty/Multimedia/Resources/Revit/Help/filesUsersGuide/WS1a9193826455f5ff-4f6d1...

Symetri Logo

Prateek Chitnis

Strategic Implementation Manager | AECO (Buildings)

facebooktwitterInstagrampm

Message 4 of 5

miranNDQ9Y_0-1690875658144.png

This is one of duct fittings which are Oval Duct to Round Duct transition. In this case Im unable to justify how the "ABS" formula works.

Message 5 of 5
iainsavage
in reply to: miranNDQ9Y

@miranNDQ9Y :

This is one of duct fittings which are Oval Duct to Round Duct transition. In this case Im unable to justify how the "ABS" formula works.

Is that a question?

It is saying "if the absolute value of height minus diameter is greater than the absolute value of width minus diameter then make Length 1 equal to the absolute value of height minus diameter, but if that condition is not true then make Length 1 equal to the absolute value of width minus diameter."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report