Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't know

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Lev97
544 Views, 3 Replies

I didn't know

Hello

I have a question regarding Revit being used in an AEC firm.

It's a small office that does Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical engineering. I was told that they cannot use Revit because the program does not allow the Architect the Electrical and the Mechanical engineer to work on the same building at the same time, being in the same office. Is there a work around? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Lev97

You can check Autodesk's success stories then find out.
Message 3 of 4
asommer

That is Exactly what the Revit is all about, Coordination between all disciplines utilizing the same model.  It's even better if you are all in the same building!  We (MEP firm) have to upload models from the architect once a week and use them similar to an X-Ref in cad.  It's a separate model, so I don't see changes immediately, I have to review and compare old to new each week.  Be glad you don't have to do that!

Message 4 of 4
dennis

Yes you can, if you are all in the same company under the same roof, work in a single REVIT project file.  However, even though you CAN, I would not recommend it.  Link in the arch to your mep project, and since you are all in house, you will see changes immediately upon reloads.  The reason I do not recommend it is the extent of the template setup and populating of the template.  Also, file size could soon become unmanagable.  We don't quite yet have Star Trek computers to run the model of the size that you would eventually generate.  I would recommend the basic: Arch model, Structural model and MEP model linking each in respecitively.  Even in sole arch firms they will often break up the model for management purposes, MEP will often break the model up by discipline for the same reasons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report