Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hidden lines not working

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
DJSCRIPTS
11240 Views, 16 Replies

hidden lines not working

Hello, 

Why is it that whenever I us a "hidden line view, none of the lines that are "beyond" are actually hidden lines. I am having to overide all the elements that are hidden manually and its extremely tedious and time consuming please advise. please see attached picture, those pipes are on the other side of the wall. So why arent they showing up as hidden? Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
SteveKStafford
in reply to: DJSCRIPTS

MEP view parameter for discipline alters architectural elements to be halftone and transparent. You can use a different discipline: either architectural or coordination to alter that default. Then the link's appearance can be assigned to halftone in Visibility/Graphics. If your view is a section you could also alter the Far Clip Offset value to reduce how far forward the view should look.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 17
kadmonkee

the settings need to be looked at for Hidden Lines 

on the manage tab find additional settings and select Line Styles find <Hidden> and confirm the Line Pattern is set for HIDDEN

confirm the settings under Mechanical settings your Line style is set to <Hidden> and you can adjust the gap distance depending on your views scale.

Note all components below the slab are dashed the 2 pipes above the slab display hidden lines correctly based on my settings

Hidden plan section.PNG Hidden Lines.PNG

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 4 of 17
Radish_G
in reply to: kadmonkee

Hi @kadmonkee,

I tried and still unable to see the hidden line.

There might be any other settings?

Hidden Line.png

Regards
Radish G
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 17
fabiosato
in reply to: Radish_G

Hello,

Which View Style is set for the view?

I believe you have to use hidden line to get the proper display.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 17
Radish_G
in reply to: fabiosato

Hi @fabiosato,

I am using a hidden line style.

Regards
Radish G
Message 7 of 17
fabiosato
in reply to: Radish_G

Hello,

Are you applying any filter to the view?

Can you share a sample file?

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 17
jonathon.pfantz

This response may be a little late, but I was having this same issue until I realized my discipline was set to "Coordination". Once I set it to "Mechanical", all hidden lines appeared correctly.

Message 9 of 17
ryan.hale
in reply to: jonathon.pfantz

Thank you!

Message 10 of 17

I have a similar  problem, I applied hidden line fine, but the piping system graphics override hidden lines 

can anyone help, please? 

Message 11 of 17

SOLVED

Message 12 of 17

THANKS.

Message 13 of 17
vladyslavr

Hi. I have similar issue. Why pipe is not appears dashed permanently, but architecture appears? pipe with dashed view appears only when I pointed on the pipe by mouse. bottom elevation of pipe -100

vladyslavr_0-1649245710330.png

vladyslavr_1-1649245838090.png

vladyslavr_2-1649245874300.png

Message 14 of 17
ine.vandebosch
in reply to: vladyslavr

Hi, i have the same problem. When I move over the pipe you can see the hidden line. When i'am not over the pipe move you see a whole line. What can I do?
Message 15 of 17
iainsavage
in reply to: ine.vandebosch

Far more information needed from you regarding the pipe properties, view properties, view range, etc. 

Message 16 of 17
ine.vandebosch
in reply to: iainsavage

What do you need more?

Can you help me?

inevandebosch_0-1666607043495.png

inevandebosch_1-1666607100123.png

inevandebosch_2-1666607138405.png

inevandebosch_3-1666607166246.png

Message 17 of 17
kknechtelXUL8E

So it's not the end of the world because we won't be sending the particular view out, but when I'm in Mechanical and Plumbing plans, it shows hidden lines and the gaps. But when I got to our Coordination view to see all the disciplines together, there are no gaps between lines and no hidden lines shown. Hidden Line is selected on the bottom for Graphic Display.

Any ideas why?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report