Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtered model element draw order always on top

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Josh.Nelson
832 Views, 3 Replies

Filtered model element draw order always on top

Hi All, 

I have a strange frustrating one, i have created a generic family Setout point that has a nested generic annotation Setout symbol when view in plan ( idea is i can schedule sops easting and northings).

Now i have a filter on my conduits to fill a solid colour and even though my sop model is above the conduits in the model, the filter is showing on top of the sop symbol and not respecting the model order... Is there anything i am missing or any way to fix this issue.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: Josh.Nelson

Unfortunately, "nested" annotation symbols do that. it is very frustrating. i have not found a way around it short of placing the annotation symbol manually (not nested). my communication group has his issue all the time with the Interiors furniture on top of where they want there data jacks and such. The only work around we have found is to place them as Tags. this has its own issues though and ended up being too time consuming in the long run.

if now one else chimes in with a solution, this may be a good topic for the Revit Ideas Forum.  

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Josh.Nelson

Hi Everyone! For anyone that might find this via search / Google I figured out the reason why this was happening and a solution.

The plan view that I was using was set to Electrical discipline where you can pick (Arch, Struct, Elec, Co-ordination etc etc)

Changing this to "Coordination" discipline fixed the draw order issue. My guess is that Revit was giving Electrical model elements the foreground and placing everything else in the Background. I haven't tested creating my Generic model with nested annotation item as an electrical equipment or conduit type item yet as setting to coordination fixes my issue! 

Message 4 of 4
hmunsell

that is one way to do it :-). Most want to keep there views by discipline for the other functionality & project browser sorting options that setting you view discipline provides. there are isolated cases though (perpendicularly sections/elevations) where we do set the MEP views to Coordination and then manage the view settings with View Templates.

at least you found an acceptable solution that works for you.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report