Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Options in Revit MEP - combine two options into one.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1862 Views, 2 Replies

Design Options in Revit MEP - combine two options into one.

I have a problem with Revit Design options....ok more than one.

First i have an area with a common hall way, that will be the same in either option, connected to the hall way is a locker room with two design options.  After i set up my views showing the two seperate options and i am placeing electrical devices and equipment i make sure the devices are in the correct design option.  When the times comes to circuit the devices and equipment i can not.  My electrical room is Part of the main model and the panel boards are not a part of the design options.  I can not connect my circuit to the panel.  If i add the panel to one of the design options then all the circuits from the hallway that are part of the main model get deleted, and i would only be able to circuit one of the options.  Is there a way to circuit design options? 

Second,  The architect has finaly decided on one of the two design options is there a way to combine the one we are keeping with the main model, and get rid of the other design alltogether.  I have tried copy and paste from design option into main model but it never goes smooth and i end up rehosting most of the devices and annotation does not always come with the copy paste. 

My work around right now for the circuit and the final design is not do a design option in MEP, just set up seperate views based on the architects designs, then make worksets named after each design that are only visable on the appropriate views.  This works well with the circuiting as long as i am very careful to name the circuits with what design option they  are in.  When the design is decided on i can then change the worksets back to my normal worksets, and with a little work copy and paste the annotations into proper view.

This is not a good way to do this and more often than not worksets get confused visability gets messed up and circuits get crossed.  I am looking for a better way,   PLEASE HELP ME!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Design Options do not function well with MEP. As you have found, you cannot circuit between a Design Option and the Main Model; you will have to include the entire electrical system in each Design Option for it to work properly.

As for your second question, there is an "Accept Primary..." in the Design Options dialog that should provide the functionality you are looking for.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the feed back!

The make primary almost worked.  It put all the electrical devices into the the main design but not any of annotations (circuit lines, equipment and device tags, and lines)

I appreciate your info, thanks

Richard B

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report