Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cad Link looks different

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jtgel
1758 Views, 12 Replies

Cad Link looks different

I have linked a Cad file (Architects 2D) into a Revit file. The issue I am having is none of the text & some of the linework does not show up. I have purged the cad file, exploded everything until nothing else can be exploded & still nothing. I have also checked my VG in Revit, changed from Hidden line to wireframe & beyond. The funny thing is the file actually came in very smoothly with no type of check box or notification.

Does anyone have any ideas or come across this issue?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
kadmonkee
in reply to: jtgel

are all the layers in Imported categories for that linked cad file checked?

Are you using Dynamic columns in AutoCAD Mtext?

what you exploded where there any 3d blocks?

are there annotative features in AutoCAD?

have you checked your view range or scope box depth?

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 13
jtgel
in reply to: kadmonkee

#1 Yes #2 Not sure #3Yes #4 Not Sure #5 Yes, changed it to unlimited. As stated before I received the file, not created it so for all I know they did it in a different format altogether but it opened fine in Cad & came in fine in Revit other than the BIG issues stated. I even tried changing the text to standard & drawing new text & lines & those are not showing up either. I may have to go to plan "B". Oh & by the way this has never happened before so that is why I am so perplexed.

Message 4 of 13
kadmonkee

is there an offset to the cad link when inserted?

are floors masking the cad link?

it is odd that some things come thru and others dont.

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 5 of 13
jtgel
in reply to: kadmonkee

No offsets, Nothing masking & yes it is odd. I have given up & am going to plan B which is draw everything by hand, thankfully its a small job.

Message 6 of 13
jtgel

I figured most of it out. Something happened when I exploded & or exploded attributes. I went back to the very beginning & retraced my steps & I was able to get most of it to show up correctly.

Message 7 of 13
fabiosato

Hello,

Another possibility can be the view range, make it a little bit below the reference level.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
jtgel
in reply to: fabiosato

It is set to unlimited

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Message 9 of 13
fabiosato

Hello,

Have you checked if all stuff in the CAD file is at 0 elevation?

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
laurasmagin

Any Chance you could post the CAD file so we can investigate?

Give me Kudos or mark as a solution if this helps
Regards
Laura
Message 11 of 13
alan.quinn
in reply to: laurasmagin

Following up on this thread. Please review the below:

This may be caused by geometrical inaccuracies within the CAD file or by some objects in dwg file (even on frozen not displayed layers) located out of 20 miles Revit limit.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Three workarounds are available:

When linking the CAD file activate the option “Current view only”.

After the CAD file has been linked, open the view where the CAD file is visible and shouldn’t be visible.
Click on the “View” tab.
Click on “Visibility / Graphics”.
Click on “Imported categories” tab.
Uncheck the CAD file that shouldn’t be visible.

After the CAD file has been linked, open the view where the CAD file is visible and shouldn’t be visible.
In the properties pallet, click on “Edit” button for the View range settings.
Change the Top or bottom offset value in order to mask the CAD file in the view.
Display all layers, unfreeze them, find objects located out of 20 miles Revit limit, delete them, save file, import or link to Revit model

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 12 of 13
jtgel
in reply to: alan.quinn

Thanks all but at this point I do not have anymore time to deal with the issue. I have spent enough time already & as mentioned in an earlier post I went back & found part of the issue. Thanks again

Message 13 of 13
alan.quinn

Thanks for the update. At this point I will close this one out. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report