Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcategories in Custom Material libraries

Subcategories in Custom Material libraries

It would be A BLESS to be able to create a subcategory in user material libraries.

For example, I can have a Category of "Metals" and then "Iron, Steel & Aluminium" as subcategories! This will help with keeping a clean and neat material library!

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would also be very helpful for concrete mix designs. 

eg: Concrete catagory and then type N-5,15,30 Mpa...type C-1-30,35Mpa,C-2-.... so on and so forth.

dkuzev
Participant

@Anonymous Absolutely. At this point I am creating a material library and since we work with a lot of manufacturers, we already have their prices. Therefore, it would be so much easier to clasify information and simply pull what you need!

federicolemma
Contributor
Yes, I agree! I use to categorize materials also for producer and it would be amazing.
benhagerman
Enthusiast

Ability to assign color separately from material. Material should stay the same and modify the color/finish of the material independent from the material as to not clog up the project materials with duplicates for different colors. Also would allow phasing of the colors without modifying the parent material asset to allow colors/finishes to be applied in different phases.

Tags (4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report