Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock / Unlock Worksets

Lock / Unlock Worksets

It would be great if we could Lock / Unlock Worksets.  Like layers in AutoCAD.

That way I can lock out Worksets that I don't want to touch.  Could add this to view properties / view templates.

3 Comments
craigh_bim
Advocate

Agreed.

Can we also get category locks?

If I'm in a site plan sheet view, and I want to annotate, I should be able to lock all categories from being selected without having to pin all 50k elements (project wide).

mdwyerva
Enthusiast

OMG yes to more frigging locks for worksets and categories.  

It would be pretty easy programmatically too - just add another column in Visibility Graphics under each tab that permits changing editability (e.g, Default, Always Editable, Never Editable).     Since hydronic piping is a kludge for sizing Storm piping, gas piping and refrigerant piping, workset locks are needed as well as category locks.   It is necessary to coordinate with other disciplines, so turning worksets off (VG) is not so good for coordinating.  

Coming from AutoCad, this lack is one of the stupidest things in Revit.   Clicking EDITABLE ONLY works for about 30 seconds (till I do one of the 17 things that turn that back off without telling me).   If AutoDesk is not quite sure, I suggest they remove the ability to lock layers in AutoCad  and see how the user response goes....  

tomek
Collaborator

I'm usually the one who says "forget AutoCAD and its ancient ways" but in this case I have to say: please make worksets be more like layers. It's just such a useful tool for partitioning information in a complex model.

I wish that worksets could do the following, in no particular order:

• specify if a workset is printable or not
  • do not print hidden worksets but show a warning like for temporarily hidden elements
  • allow annotations to be assigned to a workset (see where I'm going with this?)
  • allow to lock/unlock workset
  • make worksets window be non-modal so that we can just have it open all the time for quick workset control. In fact add some keyboard shortcuts for a good measure too.

-t

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report