Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.
New Idea
0 Kudos

Texture Mapping

by Participant Arciviz on ‎01-21-2017 12:31 AM

Please provide Image fitting for Art Picture, Doors and more. Example Door shutter size is 3' X 7', I have to assign texture size to 3' X 7'. If I want to assign to 4' X 8' door again I have to create 4' X 8' New material. Like this, I have to create more than 20 material for 20 type door. More time is wasted, the memory of file.  Any clarification call & come to team viewer. 

0 Kudos

Dark theme

by Observer nemanja.kozarac on ‎01-20-2017 04:24 PM

I suggest that you implement Dark theme to Revit as in AutoCAD or React structures. Revit interface is too light now and after hours of working, eye strain is huge. Thank you for consideration.

0 Kudos

Bracing annotations always come up on the purge list as unused.  If one doesn't know this, every brace symbol in the all the project plans are deleted.  Whether they are deleted through purge cleaning up a model for exchange, or just by accidental project purge by a someone new, your plan views and next plots will not show any braces at all. 

REVIT for MAC

by New Member ero1995v on ‎01-20-2017 02:00 PM

I'm studying Architecture. During last 2 year Revit become favorite software to work with of my course mates, mine too, even if I don't have. I'm currently working on Archicad, but there my wish to work on REVIT is unreal, because my notebook is quite new MacbookPro 2015. I'm quite interested to have Revit on my computer to start work on that. 

0 Kudos
Once its created, there is no way to rename it. So one must be very carefull and follow some kind of nomenclature.

End with Riser (Stairs)

by Explorer galen_dbvw on ‎01-20-2017 11:00 AM - last edited on ‎01-20-2017 11:02 AM |

Allow End with Riser to be checked after the fact but not change the Relative Top Height of the run.

I would like to see doors with the ability to be non-room bounding. This will help during the tagging of rooms which are contained in other rooms, for example a bathroom inside of a hotel room. It would help the accuracy of the square footage in the area calculation as well.

REVIT Annotation

by Explorer MinaZargarsaleh on ‎01-20-2017 09:14 AM

It would be very helpful if there was an option to Snap a text box's leader.

For example when you place a text box on a plan view and you want its leader to be pointing to a specific point. It would be very helpful if you could drag the leader and place it on that specific point by snapping it. 

(Autodesk CAD software's leader has this option.)

Fill Pattern Generator

by Collaborator mpwuzhere on ‎01-20-2017 07:43 AM

A Fill Pattern Generator/Creator should be part of Revit, or included as a separate program for both Autocad and Revit users as part of the Building Design Suites or Collections.

Reliance for using such tools should fall on Autodesk, not on 3rd Parties that are not always forthcoming with new releases of Autodesk products and their add-ins.

This is NOT an idea to revamp the entire system of creating patterns.  There are several add-ins already available, but some are quite outdated.  

It would be great to be able to toggle on and off fire tape automatically built into the walls based on the fire rating.  Similar to how the analytical lines work for structural components.  it could be a subcategory option under walls to control.  I would like to have it as patterns and color-coded if desired (or have it black/white for some views), but I would also like to be able to turn it off if needed.  I would like it to look good in all scales and be able to show the wall in the fine detail as well if desired.  Not sure if the rated walls need to be fine detail, but I would like to see the exterior, CMU, and concrete unrated walls in fine detail while the fire tape is turned on.

0 Kudos

Naming files via parameters

by Explorer M7Newton on ‎01-20-2017 06:19 AM

Would it be possible to develop a function where we can use parameters to create name files when exporting (dwf /  dwg / ifc) and printing to pdf, so that we can export files with file names which are compliant BS1192:2007 & PAS1192-2?

This is obviously possible, as RVT Xporter provides the function to create a bespoke export file name using your project parameters.

Could we please request that Autodesk add this to Revit 2017 service packs asap to the export function?

RVT Xporter.jpg

Hi,

If you create a number parameter, initially it will be blank.

But once you've entered a value, you can never set it back to blank.

You can do this for text parameters.

Lets have some consistency here, allow blank values.

(For a formula Autodesk can set blank to generate the same value as zero)

0 Kudos

Some enhancements for this:

- The command self is cancelable, so the BeforeExecuted and Executed Events should also be cancelable

- Is should be possible to set the template file name in Executed, so the event will take this one to generate a new project from this,

- The command should be postable in PostCommand

global:

- It should be possible to add the Executed Event in BeforeExecuted, like mentoined in Selective AddinCommandBinding blocking?

Cheers

René

Duplicate a sheet

by Participant damjanuzelac on ‎01-20-2017 03:42 AM

Please add the feature to duplicate a sheet - i.e. just right-click on a sheet and go to duplicate without views (perhaps ask for a neme at that point.) 

0 Kudos

We want to place the Rebar in multiple spacing in Revit interface as per our requirement. 

If this features will come in Revit then rebar placement functionalities will more powerful.

Autodesk Case History:

Case ID: 12550656
Subject: Multiple Spacing adjustment for Rebar placement

0 Kudos

"super pin"

by Advocate KarolPiroska on ‎01-20-2017 03:14 AM

add an option to lock any element in space that it will not move from its position and cannot be changed to any other type no matter what. At the moment the existing pin is useful but not as capable as one would want/need to.

assembly modification tools

by Contributor jmcouffin on ‎01-20-2017 01:46 AM

the assembly modification panel does not allow for certain modifications tools

array

scale

line work

0 Kudos

Autodesk Live integration with Revit LT

by Observer matob on ‎01-20-2017 12:22 AM

Would it be possible to integrate Autodesk Live (AL) upload to Revit LT (RLT) or allow AL to import (upload) RVT files. Thank you.

what we need in Revit is the ability to toggle on or off Zero Values in a schedule and also have tags not report Zero values.  I should expand that this is an issue with number and integer parameters. I still want to count the column in the schedule but do not want the 0 to display. Sure we could set the parameter to text but text does not have calculated totals ability. 

here is the feature in excel, something similar with a checkbox in the schedule properties and when creating tags I would also like the tag to not report the 0 so would need a check within the tag family.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Display-or-hide-zero-values-3ec7a433-46b8-4516-8085-a00e9e4...

It sure would be nice to have a quick way to merge duplicate styles to clean up a project.

I put a lot of effort making sure my template is clean and pure, but when it comes to a real project, things get messy fast.

For example, I may end up with linestyles called "Heavy", "HEVY", "HEV", "HVY" and "Lineweight 4" as a result of copy and paste from other projects, downloading from the web, and giving the intern redlines.  I know they should all be the same, but there is no easy way to merge.  I cannot select all instances in project for lines (bummer) and if i have 100 details, it will take forever to select and change type for each view.  I can delete the bad line styles, but then they all end up Lineweight 1, which does not print they way i want.

Same issue with Fill Patterns, Filled Regions, Text Styles, Dim Styles, etc.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Labels

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube