Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access Line Weights (settings) from Dynamo and/or Revit API

access Line Weights (settings) from Dynamo and/or Revit API

I'm starting to get my feet wet in Dynamo, and looking into using it to compare and/or enforce standards. Starting from the basics, I want to make sure that the Line Weights match... but what? I can't just pull out a bunch of lists?

17 Comments
eric.anastas
Contributor

I've asked for this in the past. There is an existing feature request CF-3772

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

lionel.kai
Advisor

Even though it's "archived", I just got another vote on this one, for some reason.

@sasha.crotty Since (according to eric.anastas, above) this already has a change request number (CF-3772), does that mean it should be "Future Consideration" (instead of "Archived")? Or do I really need to resubmit?

sasha.crotty
Community Manager

I'll make it easier, I'll un-archive. Since this is API this shouldn't have been archived with 7 votes. Not sure how that happened. 

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

lionel.kai
Advisor

Thanks, Sasha!

helengorina7713
Contributor

This is a very important feature. 

Files with very different lineweights are graphically incompatible. It is a necessary diagnostic tool when we think about re-using drafting views (details) which may come from different sources. 
If we are able to get and set these values, it would make it possible to re-map and reuse old content without so much pain
thanks

pmitache
Observer

any news on accessing Line Weights in Dynamo ?

cheers

albertoPAJRQ
Observer

Any  news? It would be interesting we could access Line Weights and Line Styles from one file and transfer them to another using dynamo without having to open source file.

maisoui
Advocate

up!

Darien.Charlton
Observer

Any News On This?

Up, this is still very needed!

Sterling_Bradby
Observer

I'm managing our standard details that come from a wide range of places and would love to be able to access the line weight of a line, especially in Dynamo. Any thoughts on this?

jeremy_tammik
Autodesk
jeremy_tammik
Autodesk
parley.burnettMZ2ZR
Participant

Any updates on this? Needed!!

eric.anastas
Contributor

@parley.burnettMZ2ZR 

I've brought this up in the Revit API round table session at AU the last 2 or 3 times I've attended. 🤷🏼‍:male_sign:

The best work arounds I can think of is to replace the Line Widths from a known correct file with transfer project standards.

Or read/write the values through the actual line widths UI using System.Windows.Automation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report