Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mime type errors on upload and publishing errors.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
453 Views, 5 Replies

mime type errors on upload and publishing errors.

There have been a couple conversations about publishing failures and inability to upload but doesn't seem to be an active solution or reasoning. Maybe others have new experiences with this?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-general-discussion/mime-type-of-new-version-cannot-be-different-...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-collaboration/revit-c4r-2015-connectivity-3-29-2016/m-p/6325842...

Our group is having issues here too. In order to publish or upload we have to first remove the file completely then repost it. The users uploading and not publishing their models can't do that because they are coming up with this “Mime type of new version cannot be different from its older version”. The users publishing through manage models are getting failure messages. The only way I have found to resolve this is delete the old file and start new with an upload/publish. Any other solutions out there?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tyler,

Can you please clarify if this for you is in reference to C4R? If so, i'll move it into the C4R Forum, but please let me know here for sure.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

No this is an issue in A360.

The act of publishing and using the Manage A360 Models tool is an opperation using C4R but the problem is that in both cases in which users with C4R are trying to publish or users without C4R are trying to upload I am getting errors from A360 trying to overwrite the existing files. The solution which isn't ideal is to remove the existing file and upload or publish a new version.

Message 4 of 6
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tyler,

Can you send me screenshots of the errors that you are receiving here when you do these actions either from C4R or via basic upload please?

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 5 of 6

Hi Tyler,

Brett checked in with the Revit team and this is a C4R issue and they are working on fixing it. I'll go ahead and move this to the C4R forum.

Thanks for all your help and details on this.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

Well I haven't been able to recreate the issue today. Ever since we removed and re-uploaded each file everything seems to be working. Here was the message we were getting when trying to upload to A360. When we were trying to publish it would just tell us it failed in the Manage A360 Models Dialog Box.

Tyler Hendrickson
LEED Green Associate

NICHOLS, MELBURG & ROSSETTO
ARCHITECTS + ENGINEERS
300 Knollcrest Drive Redding, California 96002
Ph. (530) 222-3300 Fax (530) 222-3538

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report