Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-REF PROBLEM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
wolverine01
217 Views, 3 Replies

X-REF PROBLEM

i have set up a grid file with the dimensions between grid lines. When i link the grid file back into the plan the grid lines are visible but the dimensions do not show up in the plan.

Can somebody kindly offer a solution to why the dimension do not show?

here is a small video showing it:http://screencast.com/t/3YCIilo8d

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wolverine01

Dimensions are not model elements and they are View-specific, so they will not be visible when the Project is linked into another Project. However, you can "force" Dimensions (and other Text and annotative elements) to appear by opening the View, opening the Visibility/Graphics Overrides dialog: Revit Links tab, and click on the "By Host View" button beside that link. In the following dialog, change the top option to "By Linked View", and then for "Linked View:" below, select the View from the Linked Model that contains the Dimensions.

Note that this method causes the Linked Model to adopt the V/G Settings of the specified View regardless of the current View's V/G Settings.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
jkarben
in reply to: wolverine01

You can also choose the Custom radio button in the Revit Links Basic tab and gain control of what you see from the linked model.

In the Basic tab choose the Custom radion button and select the same Linked View to get your annotation. Now with Custom chosen you'll see in the other tabs (Model, Annotation, etc...) you have a drop down to choose what controls the visibility of the linked view; <By host view>, <By linked view>, or <Custom>

• Choose <By host view> if you want to have the linked view controlled from your view. If you turn dimensions off in your view they turn off in the linked view too.
  • Choose <By linked view> if you want it to appear as it is in the linked model. Turn off dimensions in your view and the dimensions stay on in the linked view.
  • Choose <Custom> and you have contol of the individual categories controlling just the linked model's visibility. Turn off dimensions in the Revit Link's Annotation's tab and they go away from the linked view but they remain in your view.
Message 4 of 4
wolverine01
in reply to: jkarben

thanks for your help. 

i like the way it works with( by linked view) it works ok and i like the way it works with (custom) couse the dim can be turned on and off . but (by host in view) it doesnt work.

Anyway your answers have helped me, thank.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report