Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WT - tile windows arrangement random, or logical?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
KenWilliamson5140
6197 Views, 10 Replies

WT - tile windows arrangement random, or logical?

what determines the order in which the windows tile? I can see that the window I have active, goes to the upper left. But I would like to see some consistency that when I hit WT, that all the views go to the quadrant I want the to. Is this random, or logical?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

You can control the order the windows will tile by clicking each window in succession to activate it.  The first window clicked will go to the upper right and the next window clicked will go to the lower right and then continue around in a clockwise direction.  Not sure what happens when you have more than 4 windows you want to tile.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 11

I was hoping the it would work similar to viewport in AutoCAD. It looks by what you are saying it is base on the order the windows are active. If I'm in the Floor Plan view an d WT, the floor plan will be upper-left. Then if I'm in 3D View and WT, the 3D will be in upper-left. Can you pre-set them like AutoCAD or 3DS Max?

Message 4 of 11

No you can't pre set them.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 11

I use 3 views tiled, 2 sections and a plan.  I would like to be able to have my plan view stay as the large view and on the left side of the screen.  Is this possible? 

Also, it seams that the default for 3 views should be the large view as the current view.  It is really annoying to click both of the views that you want to be the smaller ones and then wt for each, just so the large one is arranged how you want.  Is there an easier way?

Jhall
Message 6 of 11
ryan.duell
in reply to: Jhallock!

Adding a previous post to this thread as well:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/changing-the-order-of-windows.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 7 of 11

For those like me who is searching for that info in 2017, click the windows in reverse order: 1,2,3,4...10 will show up from left upper corner down as 10,9,8,7...1. here's link with pics, for better understanding. 
http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/changing-the-order-of-windows.html

Message 8 of 11
renan.jose
in reply to: loboarch

How to save the last tile order so i can reopen the file as i left ? Thanks

Message 9 of 11
barthbradley
in reply to: renan.jose

#2 under Switch Windows on the Quick Access Toolbar. 

Message 10 of 11
renan.jose
in reply to: barthbradley

Hello Barth, i couldn't find the "save tiles position" over there. Here is a recording (attached) of what i did. I also had difficult switching Door Schedule and Level 1 positions, maybe there is a easier way to do that. Could you tell me what i'm doing wrong ? Thanks

Message 11 of 11
jhill4CA2W
in reply to: ryan.duell

That works! Thanks! - Click on the window bar in the order you want them to display and hit WT again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report